29-05-2013 / 31-05-2013
'Exchanging on Land Stewardship and Natura 2000 : experiences and networking in Europe’
- CONTENT OUTLINE -
The futur of Land Stewardship in Europe.
The Catalan workshop has a wider European perspective and it is presented as a meeting point of entities and organisations around Europe for debate about the state of art of Land Stewardship in Europe and its futur, becoming a preview of the First European Land Stewardship Congress that will be held in Barcelona (Catalonia) in November 2014.
The workshop is for a wide actors interesting in nature and biodiversity conservation, more particularly:
- Landowners (including farmers) keen to learn about what land stewardship could mean for them, what the benefits of land stewardship are and how they can apply land stewardship;
- Site Managers working on nature conservation in and outside Natura 2000 sites;
- Staff working in outreach / public information functions;
- Staff working directly to support implementation of Natura 2000 and other protected areas;
- Volunteers working to conserve nature on a local and/or regional level;
- Stakeholders in local communities;
- Land stewardship organisations.
The main workshops’ objective is to share information and builds practical know-how to apply land stewardship agreements and improve their management, more specifically:
- To communicate land stewardship as an effective tool for nature and biodiversity conservation;
- To exchange experiences and best practices;
- To increase knowledge on land stewardship
- To facilitate contacts and synergies between entities to define opportunities and cooperation in the framework of the Landlife project and on land stewardship initiatives.
Here you will find the complete draft programme outline (in English).